SCACO, the Brisbane-based, Australian Measurement Automation Company and Systems Integrator are searching for our next superstar employee! Join the dynamic team at SCACO as a software programmer or engineer!
SCACO: Australia | NZ | Singapore. At SCACO we’re transforming the Asia Pacific Supply Chain Industry through the provision and support of sophisticated measurement automation technologies, systems, and software that identify, weigh, and dimension millions of freight items and SKUs of all sizes passing through the Australian supply chain every year. Our valued customers include many of Australia’s and the world’s leading brands.
Technology. Our exclusive-agency or in-house proprietary measurement automation technologies and data acquisition and management systems are responsible for generating the freight measurement statistics that result in hundreds of millions of dollars of invoiced revenue for our top-tier clients in the freight industry year in, year out. We also automate the measurement of nearly every warehouse-stored SKU you can think of.
You. Come join the “SCACO Smart Room”. Due to continued growth in this dynamic and challenging field (think ecommerce) we require a software technician or engineer who is ready to put their full set of design, program, test, build, and troubleshoot skills to use. Join a young motivated team of high-achieving mechatronics engineers and technical sales staff as the specialist software person. As part of a dynamic and highly regarded systems integration and automation company your contribution will be greatly valued.
Key Objectives of the Role:
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development life-cycle.
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Producing detailed specifications and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Preparing and installing solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks.
- Collaborating with Customers and Employees to identify problems and recommending solutions.
- Attend customer sites to complete installations, test systems and fault find at critical implementation states of projects.
- Accomplish engineering and organisation mission by completing related results as required.
- Support and develop staff by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Maintain a professional ‘can do attitude’, personal presentation [work uniform etc.] and ensure that your work area and car is clean and tidy.
- Ensure that employee safety is regarded in the highest priority with zero major/lost time injuries.
- Perform all duties to the best of your ability at all times including following through on your Performance Development Review process; use your best endeavours to promote and protect the interests of the Employer; and follow all reasonable and lawful directions given to you by the Employer, including complying with our Values, Code of Conduct, Confidential and Intellectual Property policy, company policies and procedures, as amended from time to time.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Exemplary customer service skills, a positive proactive and can-do attitude with strong accuracy and attention to detail in completing and follow through on all engineering and reporting requirements.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as in Computer Systems or Systems Administration.
- Must have a Bachelor or Masters degree in a Computer Science or a Software Development field.
- Possess a strong work ethic, be a strong team player, and have a commitment to both individual and team goal achievements.
- Possess an advanced capability level in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Dot Net, C Plus, Java, SQL is required or preferred.
- Experience with database administration.
- Ability to work in small groups.
- Some interstate travel may be required.
If you are interested please contact Rhett Talley at 07-3808-9644 or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com